In-person or via video feeds, at no cost, we present hour-long CLEs to your firm or with your organization on a wide range of topics related to trials, persuasion, decision-making, and understanding today’s jurors and jury pools. We customize them to address the case types, issues and venues relevant to your practice areas.
We have a core sequence of CLEs that address a wide range of trial skills needed for jury and bench trials as well as ADR:
- Talking Your Way Out of Trouble: Secrets of Oral Persuasion
- Theme Craft: Building a Strong Trial Story
- Thinking Through the Eye: Crafting Winning Visuals
- Fundamentals of Effective Fact Witness Preparation for Deposition & Trial
- Fundamentals of Expert Witness Selection & Preparation
- Recognizing and Overcoming Cross-Cultural Communication Challenges
- Using Litigation Research To Get Ready To Win
- Dynamics of Jury Decision-Making: What Mock Trials Reveal About the “Black Box” of Jury Decision-Making & How To Craft a Persuasive Case
- Generating Persuasive Performance From the Inside Out: Tips for Winning the Head Game of Trial
We also offer two specialized jury selection CLEs for criminal cases:
- Picking a Jury When Defending Sexual Misconduct and Sex Crimes Cases
- Picking a Jury that Will Convict in Transgender Murder Cases
For a fee, we also design and present more extensive in-house training and coaching on a variety of litigation and trial skills, including case analysis and theme development, fact witness preparation, expert witness selection and preparation, and developing your trial story. Our in-house training is designed to bridge the “NITA gap” by training and coaching in connection with attorneys’ current cases so that theory and practice go hand-in-hand.
We know that many firms these days have associates to work on pro bono cases to develop their trials skills as well as to give back to our communities. We love to work with your associates pro bono, coaching them in trial skills and ensuring that they derive maximum benefit from their experience while delivering superior service to their clients.